|Syncs & Actions||✅|
|Auto-pagination||🚫 (time to contribute: <1h)|
|API-specific rate limits||🚫 (time to contribute: <1h)|
- Get a free Salesforce Developer Edition here (it’s a free Sandbox to test your integration)
- Salesforce OAuth documentation (Step 7 contains the details of what Salesforce returns along with the token)
- Overview of OAuth scopes
- Web API docs (their REST API)
Connection Configuration in Nango
Salesforce uses a different API base URL, called the
instance_url, for each customer.
Nango automatically retrieves the
https://yourInstance.salesforce.com/) from Salesforce and stores it in the Connection config for you.
- If you or your end-user are authorizing a Salesforce sandbox account, you must use the
salesforce-sandboxintegration in Nango.
- Salesforce calls the
- To enable offline data access with a refresh token, add the
refresh_token(or its synonym,
offline_access) scope. By default, access tokens expire in ~2h (but customers can configure this value). Also, check the “Introspect All Tokens” checkbox in your OAuth app settings on the Salesforce developer portal (Salesforce doesn’t share the expiration date of access tokens. Instead, Nango needs to call the Salesforce API to check if access tokens are valid.)
- If you encounter an error in your flow that says
invalid_client_id, make sure your (developer) User’s password does not contain any special characters (yes, really.)