Salesforce API wiki
Working with the Salesforce API?
Please add your learnings, favorite links and gotchas here by editing this page.
Using Salesforce with Nango
Provider template name in Nango:
Follow our quickstart to add an OAuth integration with Salesforce in 5 minutes.
Metadata captured by Nango
instance_url is automatically stored in the Connection Metadata when it gets the access token.
App registration & publishing
Quick & easy for testing:
- Sign up for a Salesforce developer account.
- Login and in Setup create a new "Connected App" under
Apps -> App Manager. Make sure you enable the OAuth section.
- Salesforce OAuth documentation (Step 7 contains the details of what Salesforce returns along with the token)
- Overview of OAuth scopes
API specific gotchas
- Salesforce calls the
- To enable offline data access with a refresh token, add the
refresh_token(or its synonym,
offline_access) scope. By default access tokens expire in ~2h (but customers can configure this value).
- If you encounter an error in your flow that says
invalid_client_idmake sure your (developer) User's password does not contain any special characters (yes, really.)
- Nango automatically stores the
https://yourInstance.salesforce.com/) in the Connection metadata for you. You can easily retrieve this with the backend SDK or Connections API