Nango provides powerful infrastructure for developing native integrations. It focuses on dramatically improving both local development and runtime reliability of native integrations.
Nango consists of:
- The Nango Server, containerized with Docker, which runs your integrations and makes the external API calls. It can be run locally, self-hosted or managed by Nango Cloud.
- The Nango Folder, which contains your integration-specific code. At runtime this folder is deployed to the Nango Server to run your integrations.
Nango comes with bullet-proof infrastructure focused on native integrations described here.
Nango Integrations & Actions
Nango's flexible Integrations and Actions support arbitrarily complex use-cases:
- An Integration in Nango represents a connection between your product and an external system (e.g. Salesforce)
- An Action in Nango represents an individual workflow within the scope of an Integration (e.g. "Import all contacts" from Salesforce, "Log an email opened event" to Salesforce, etc.). Actions contain the business logic that is specific to each Integration. It can be customized at will and its code lives in the Nango Folder.
- A Connection in Nango represents an Integration that a specific user has setup in your application. It always ties together an Integration and a user id.
Nango is agnostic to your programming language and technical stack. The Nango SDKs let you interact with the Nango Server from your app's codebase, natively in the programming language of your choice.